MLTSYS was developed according to the specific requirements of the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE (Fraunhofer ISE) in Freiburg, Germany. The test stand simulates mechanical loads on thermal collectors and mounting systems under extreme climate conditions. To realize the climate changes the MLTSYS is housed in a climate chamber. With the MLTSYS test stand, scientists at Fraunhofer ISE aim to develop new test procedures and advance the quality and safety standards for collectors and PV modules over long-term conditions. New materials and material savings for thermal collectors, compact systems and PV modules with substructures can be tested and improved.
See the YouTube video showing an MLT24 test stand in action at the CFV Solar Test Laboratory!
|Standard test area||3 m × 4 m|
|Climate conditions||-40 °C to +60 °C|
|Simultaneous testing capacity||1|
|Number of pneumatic cylinders||24|
|Number of suction cups per cylinder||4|
|Maximum total exertable force||push and pull 6,000 Pa|
|Load cycle frequency||0.1 Hz|
|Number of deflection sensors||1|
- Tests collectors with the entire assembly system
- Housed in a climate chamber
- Climate conditions in test chamber from -40 °C to +60 °C
- Wind and snow loads up to 6,000 Pa on the entire test area (push and pull)
- Cyclical and asymmetric loads
- Maximum size of test surface 3 m × 4 m
- Tests inclined installed samples, e.g. thermosiphon and PV systems
- Remote controlled camera
- Fast and precise cylinder positioning through coupling of the cylinders
- Intuitive graphical user interface for full remote control of the test stand
- Predefined load cycles according to international standards as ISO 9806
- Customized test schedules (even non-cyclic, free definition of various load setpoints, can be saved and restored)
- Real-time visualization of key measurements in graphical displays
- Quick and easy test scheduling – through displaying of required testing times. Automatic start of tests at predefined start times possible.
- Remote view via camera
MLTSYS is equipped with highly sensitive force sensors enabling detection of applied forces in all three directions (3D). This allows the examination of thrust forces. Please see page 16-19 for our standardized test stands to simulate static and dynamic loads on modules and collectors, other variations are readily possible. We will be pleased to tailor the test stand MLTSYS to your needs!
© PSE AG 2022