The MLT24 is our most advanced test stand to simulate static and dynamic loads on modules and collectors. Twenty-four pneumatic cylinders with vacuum suction cups exert both compressive and tensile loads on the test sample, while reducing local mechanical stress points. The MLT24 is a reliability test stand for quality and product development testing. It offers a high degree of operational ease and flexibility. A high total exertable force allows product development with testing to failure.
See the YouTube video showing an MLT24 test stand in action at the CFV Solar Test Laboratory!
|Test area||2.25 m × 1.5 m|
|Simultaneous testing capacity||1|
|Number of pneumatic cylinders||24|
|Number of suction cups at one cylinder||4|
|Maximum total exertable force with all cylinders||
Push +27,720 N
Pull -22,000 N
|Corresponding maximum pressure load (on 2 m²)||
Push +13,860 Pa
Pull -11,000 Pa
|Load cycle frequency||0.1 Hz (optional 0.5 Hz)|
|Number of deflection sensors||1 (optional 8)|
|Relevant standards||IEC 61215, IEC 61646, IEC 62782, UL 1703, ISO 9806, EN 12975|
- Reduced local mechanical stress on test unit through a high number of 96 suction cups
- Fast and precise configuration of the cylinder array with mechanical coupling of the cylinders
- Practical and ergonomic test setup through crank handles and scissor mechanisms
- Fast adjustment for testing units of different sizes with sliding cross bars and quick release levers
- High precision load measurement using sophisticated design of the force measuring frame
- Static and dynamic load testing according to common international standards
- Testing to failure through applicable forces up to +27 kN / -22 kN
- Highly accurate deflection-measurement of the unit under test by optical distance sensors.
- Electrical continuity measurement for PV modules available
- Intuitive graphical user interface for full remote control of the test stand
- Predefined load cycles according to IEC 61215 and IEC 61646
- Dynamic testing according to IEC 62782
- Tests with increasing load in 250 Pa steps according to EN 12975
- Customized test schedules (even non-cyclic, free definition of various load setpoints, can be saved and restored)
- Real-time visualization of key measurements in graphical displays
- Quick and easy test scheduling – through displaying of required testing times.
© PSE Instruments GmbH 2022