Hailstorms can cause severe damage to modules and collectors. Our test stand enables you to carry out tests according to international standards. The hail impact test stand uses an air-pressurized launcher which shoots ice balls representing hailstones of a predetermined size at the module or collector mounted on the support frame.
|Standard test area||3 m x 1.8 m|
|Simultaneous testing capacity||1|
|Standard diamteters||25, 35 and 45 mm|
|Velocity of ice balls||10–40 m/s|
|Relevant standards||IEC 61215, IEC 61646, EN 12975, ISO 9806|
- Air pressurized launcher
- X-Y-support for aiming on points defined by the standard
- Easy module installation
- Rapid changes between different hail stone sizes
- Ice ball production
- Laser speed measurement
- Ultrasonic distance measurement between launcher and target
- Easy export of test parameters to generate a test report
- Guiding of the user through the test
- Automatic checkup of the validity of the test
- Display of all measurement values
- Definition of standard and customized tests
The software for our test stand was developed by Fraunhofer ISE. Various test engineers gave their input to the software to fulfill their requirements on usability as well as the requirements of standardization bodies according to accreditation.
All important test parameters are recorded and stored via the test stand’s graphical user interface.
© PSE AG 2019