In recent years, we have been developing a sophisticated IV curve tracer for PV modules including a maximum power point tracking (MPPT) function.
The IV curve tracer is designed for operation with any market-available steady-state solar simulator. Through our web-based software design, the operator can supervise the test results from every computer in a company network. The software contains functions such as an irradiation sum counter that helps to check requirements stated in a stabilization test like they are defined in IEC 61215 (MQT 19). We have also included a correction function to correct the traced IV curves to standard test conditions (STC) when the user enters the required temperature coefficients. One of the most important features is the multi-IV curve tracing function, which enables the user to display more than 150 IV curves in one graph. This eases the analysis of the weakest cells in hot-spot tests, which are required in IEC 61730 (MST 22) and IEC 61215 (MQT 09).
|Simultaneous testing capacity||1|
|Measurements||ISC, VOC, PMAX, I@MPP, V@MPP,|
|Operation modes||MPP track and IV curve tracing|
- Intuitive graphical user interface for full remote control of the test stand
- Irradiation sum counter for stabilization tests
- Adding of calibration values
- Up to four temperature sensors can be connected to the module
- Automated correction to standard test conditions (STC)
- Multi-IV curve tracing functions for hot-spot testing
- Scheduled IV curve tracing in defined time intervals between MPPT
© PSE AG 2020